Heather is working on a Nutrition Certification based on a Master’s Level College course with a college textbook, online lectures and weekly exams. (Precision Nutrition)
As she reads these super technical and science-y chapters she is going to simplify and summarize what she feels to be the most valuable concept for YOU, TODAY.
After all, what’s the point of all the knowledge if it isn’t easy for EVERYONE to understand and apply…?
1. Energy balance (calories in = calories out)
2. Nutrient density (lots of vitamins and minerals with little calories, like vegetables!)
3. Balances Performance, Health and Body Composition all at the same time (SEE DIAGRAM)
4. Is honest and outcome based (Did you lose body fat/increase muscle mass? Did you lower your cholesterol? …the MEASURABLE)
5. Is sustainable (a lifestyle, not a fad)
Does 90% of your food choices accomplish the above? If not, determine your limiting factor and work on improving that one area of your life.